9/14/2005

Leek and Corn Pasties
This is my own recipie. I'm making it for the other staff members for lunch tomorrow! It is vegan unless your pastry or margarine contains critters.

  • 2 x leeks
  • 1-2 little snack-size tins of corn kernels
  • pastry (about 3 sheets or make your own with 2 cups flour, coupla tablespoons margarine, and some cold water)
  • soy milk (don't ew at me, it works in this recipie better than moo milk)
  • flour
  • Margarine (I use nuttlex)

Preheat oven to 200C. Chop leeks making sure to wash any grime out. Even the slightest bit of grime is nasty. Warm in nice big pot with several tablespoons margarine until soft and squishy (about 3-5 minutes). Then add about three-four tablespoons of flour, and mix until flour is all mixed in but not browning. Add soy milk to make a thick white sauce-like consistency with leeky lumps. Add drained corn and mix.

If I am making this for a lot of people, I make weeny little circles with my scone cutter. If I am making it for me, I make big-ass pasties with a saucer, or else just a square. The principle is the same. Cut them out of pastry, spoon in mixture, fold and close. Put on baking tray. Little weeny ones take about 15 minutes, big ones take about 30-40 minutes depending on the pastry. I always have some filling mix left - it tastes nice with things like notdogs, or bread.

So that is what the English faculty are having for lunch tomorrow. Hehehe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edited in Firefox. Sorry if it looks weird on your browser.