6/10/2006

Tubey!

I finally finished Tubey!

Eeeeesh, didn't that take a long time!

Although, as with everything I make, I'm not entirely happy with it. The stripes did what I thought they'd do, and widened my torso, and there's a lumpy poochy bit at the back where I did a LAME job of picking up stitches.


Ah, give it a few days, I'll like it then.


Pattern: Tubey, from Knitty (tm),

Yarn: Patons Jet (80% wool, 20% alpaca), approximately worsted weight, in the colours I thought best approximated those in the original pattern. It knits quite nicely, although sheds a teeny bit.

Notes: I hate circular needles. I used 10 balls of the grey to make the large size, and needed an extra ball of brown because the ball meterage is quite short - 74/m per ball. This is a lovely pattern if you aren't crappy at picking up stitches like I am.

I'm going to go buy my world cup yarn! Eeeee! Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

10 Comments:

Blogger mf said...

for future use when you pick up a stitch knit it then pick up the next knit it and so on.
The front view it looks GREAT!

1:01 pm  
Blogger Areli said...

It sure is cute, lovely colors together.

1:24 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

That looks really cute on you. I like the colors you picked, they go great together. So comfy-looking, too. Great job!

9:14 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

I really like it and it looks good on you. The puckering at the back will wash in and soon settle down. You picked fantastic colours for it.

10:02 pm  
Blogger Zonda said...

It looks really good! Maybe the pouchiness will go away after a while, it really isn't that bad IMHO, anyways! Enjoy it! Love all the colors :)

11:56 pm  
Blogger bradyphrenia said...

i love your color choices. maybe you can block out the pooching in the back. at any rate, it looks very nice on you.

2:08 pm  
Blogger Stefaneener said...

That looks great! Did the puckers block out? How do you like the fit? I'm thinking of making one, too. Later, later.

2:22 pm  
Blogger veritas said...

beatifuical! i love it!
i have seen some other backs of tubeys that did the same thing, but who cares! it still looks great!... it adds ... happyness and love. yes. happyness and love.

5:32 pm  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Great colors on you! What poochiness? :)

8:47 am  
Blogger honeybee33 said...

bee-YOO-tiful!!! The horizontal stripes are probably more in your eye than others' - I think you look sexy in it!!!

Congratulations!

~ hb33 ~

4:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edited in Firefox. Sorry if it looks weird on your browser.