6/07/2006

World cup and Garden Scarf

Okay, I promised something about the Knitting World Cup, but I just had to show this off first. It's my first crochet project since granny squares as a kid.


Pattern: "Garden Scarf", by Michelle Amerson, contained in the book Stitch and Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller

Modifications: Made with stash DK yarn and a 4mm hook, rather than the specified materials

Comment: Easy as easy, and everyone has noticed it! I think I could like crochet.

See that pendant around my neck? It's the Clover Yarn Cutter. I finally got one. I am in love with it. I have designated it an amulet of yarn cutting +2, and it gives + 2 to all sense motive, diplomacy and charisma-related checks with yarny people, because they recognise it and it mesmerises them.

As you can also see, I am a hopeless model, with the look of the rabbit in the headlights. So I got some inspiration from the prove-you're-geeky thread on the KnittyBoard (tm), and got a less selfconcious model - my telescope.



It still asked if its bum looked big in the photo. (BTW, my favourite flower is the very last one, the one in the dark down there. It's also the least lumpy and misshapen).

And in other news - the knitting world cup. I have decided on a lacy mohair cardigan in bright red. BUT I have a suspension period until I've finished Tubey. It's sooooo close. Otherwise, I won't just be accelerating towards SABLE (Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy), I'll be hurtling. Otherwise, it will be a challenge for me, because it is lacy. I'll have to concentrate. I won't be able to do the collar and cuffs at D&D games. Therefore...challenge...

5 Comments:

Blogger veritas said...

aurora, lace is your friend. :)

i now have a beanie, and matching neck thing in yarn-that-completes-me. i think i need to keep it that way, or i will buy more of it, until i can knit an entire wardrobe of stuff made out of it... now, to the handspun that i think about most days. oh what to do!?! (happyface)

8:32 pm  
Blogger k-9 visits aurora said...

hullo it's k-9, your last SP! checking in to see if the slowboat has docked over in australia yet. unfortunately the tardis can't seem to connect to the postal ship... we are starting to worry over here!

lovely crochet work, looks great on you!

1:47 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Your crochet scarf is gorgeous. I love all the different colours and yarn in it. I think you could definitely get into crochet.

Good Luck for the world cup. Hope it goes well. Get a move on with Tubey! A red mohair cardi sounds fab and I can't wait to see it.

9:13 pm  
Blogger aurora said...

Oh K9....the slow boat hasn't made it yet :-( I have faith that it will! Faith, I tells ye!

10:35 am  
Blogger Batty said...

Your scarf is gorgeous! Your first crocheted object since you were little? That's pretty darn impressive, considering that the only thing I ever managed to crochet was a very, very long and useless chain.
It even looks good on your telescope! : )

3:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edited in Firefox. Sorry if it looks weird on your browser.