8/16/2006

doggie bag

I am so pleased with this. It's for my Knittyboard SP, who said in her questionaire that she liked dogs. What do you all think?



Pattern: "In Bloom" from Stitch and Bitch: The Happy Hooker ed. Debbie Stoller
Yarn: JJ's handpainted 8-ply (I don't think this is an 8-ply. I think it's at least a 9 in weight, not construction).
Modifications: I made the body of the clutch a little longer, and then I felted it. Lined with puppy-dog fabric from the local quilt shop (I suck at sewing!). Small felt dog instead of flower - I drew the dog, and then traced it onto the felt.

Here's the little puppy dawg...



And here's the lining....



What do you think? Am I am overly proud bag-lady, or should my SP get a kick out of it? I think I'm becoming a better upstream SP as I go, mostly by virtue of having had some great people as my upstream pals, and from snuffling around the swap boards on Craftster (heck, they are INSPIRING!). I'm not so stumped as to what to put into packages. Which can only be a good thing, right??

8 Comments:

Blogger Stefaneener said...

That is pretty cute. Isn't it nice when inspiration works out?

2:07 am  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

That bag is sooooo cute! Lucky SP!

11:39 am  
Blogger mf said...

Its adorable what a suprise it'll be!! nice job! I love the lining too ;o)

12:26 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

That is super cute and the lining rocks. You pal is going to love it.

8:56 am  
Blogger OneCraftySAHM said...

Oh that's super cute :-)

10:19 pm  
Blogger Zonda said...

You did a really great job with that! So cute! :)

8:26 am  
Blogger Batty said...

That is so adorable! I'm thinking of making this bag as my first-ever real crocheted object, and I, too, suck at sewing. But you did a great job!

I love the little doggie applique, and the doggie fabric is just so cute. She's going to love it!

11:28 am  
Blogger jen said...

Your bag is ADORABLE! Your SP will definitely love it!

4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edited in Firefox. Sorry if it looks weird on your browser.