9/12/2006

Crochetville SP package and Interweave woes

Well, let's start with the rather belated picture of a very lovely package from my Crochetville SP. I got this a little while ago (and posted on the thread in C'ville!) but I haven't had my camera until now.



Yarn! Cotton yarn, in a lovely colour! And notepaper and cards! And patterns! And peanut butter M&Ms, which helped a number of people very much with their marking this week. I don't know what I will use the yarn for. Possibly the scarf from "The Happy Hooker" that is this month's project on the CAL.

Other than that....new Knitty! Quite a lovely issue. I want the Lizard Ridge afghan. I WANT it. I have a plan for the 'ghan. Make it over some time, and ask people who have no idea what to give me as a gift to give me a skein of Noro, in any colours they want. Only spanner in the works is that Noro isn't too readily available here. I think Yarns Online will get a couple of orders as I slowly make it (that way I can fool myself that it's not actually costing that much!) If you don't usually check the articles, do. There are some brilliant ones this time, particularly the one on doubleknitting socks. Two socks at once! Done with a great tone, and helpful photos. Very non-threatening article for a threatening technique.

And no new Interweave! I am seriously very disappointed with their customer service. It has now been a week since I emailed them to ask where my magazine was, and I have recieved no reply. And no magazine. It was allegedly sent more than a month ago. Even sea-mail, it should be here. (And their site specifies that they use air!) Very poor service, which is what I have heard about them in the past, but somehow believed it wouldn't be true for me. Certainly means I won't bother ordering special issues of magazines from their website! I'm going to email them again tomorrow, and ask what the go is. In the meantime, what's a bet I get impatient and buy a copy anyway (on the grounds that if I get two, I can mail one to my SP...) ?

And, to leave you with, a picture of my stepsister's wedding cake. Look at it! Caaaaaaake! It was a beautiful wedding. She was a truly stunning bride, and I wish she, her DH and DD all the best in the world for their future together. They're a gorgeous family.


6 Comments:

Blogger mf said...

what a neat cake! Congrats to your SS!

11:42 pm  
Blogger Stefaneener said...

I love your afghan plan.
Nice cake -- it looks just right for a bride and a party.

11:30 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Wow! Your sister's cake looks fantastic.

Your package looks great, there's no stopping you with this crochet malarky.

7:40 pm  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Once I saw the cake photo my eyes glazed over and I forgot all about your magazine problems...

5:35 am  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

P.S. Not that your magazine problems are not important.....


...I get the same problem with Rowan sometimes...

5:36 am  
Blogger Batty said...

Fabulous cake! Wish I'd thought of that when I got married. Cupcakes are so much less messy and complicated, but they look awesome.

Wonderful SP package too. Yarrrrn...

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edited in Firefox. Sorry if it looks weird on your browser.