9/18/2006

Startitis

I got a package from my Crochetville SP today! Yarn, coffee, patterns and stickers! The microfibre yarn is very soft. It's trying to escape from its ball band!


Some very cool spooky stuff in there, including some neat Hallowe'en stickers, and these dolls. I've never seen anything like them before! They are SO brilliant! They're on my mantelpiece, but when I finish the dining room makeover, they'll go in there, because they will match the decor (scary, I know, but I have this great fabric that is very reminiscent of Day of the Dead/Folk Catholic prints, and it will become a table runner. Eventually.) Fabulous package!! Thanks so much, my C'ville friend!


In other news, I have Startitis. The Yarn Harlot identifies it in her book Yarn Harlot: Secret Life of a Knitter as the urge to start stuff come springtime.

I'm making a blanket.

It's not Lizard Ridge.

Oh no. That would be logical. No, instead, I am making the Babette Blanket, from Interweave Crochet (Spring 06). See, what happened was, I went to K-Mart, and their squeaky acrylic yarn was 25% off. Normally, this is no great thing. But I had determined to make the blanket in squeaky acrylic, so it could go on my lounge, and be merrily washed and tumble dried as needed. It will be bigger than the original, which isn't a problem, as it will then cover me + dog. The colours I have chosen would give a parrot nightmares. But it's addictive. I did half a 10-round square before school this morning. At this rate, I'll be done by the end of term! The thing about it is that as long as you keep track of your colour changes, this is mindless. It's just relaxing, no stress, no yarn-overs, no nothing.

That's it. I'll keep justifying it to myself...right up until it's time to sew the blasted thing together....

Oh, tomorrow is Talk like a Pirate day. Yaaaaaargh!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

great package!

7:47 pm  
Blogger Stefaneener said...

Aaaaargh.
Nice dolls! I have startitis, to the point where I can't find enough needles because they're all in half-finished objects. Aiiiieeee.

I think the blanket makes perfect sense.

2:23 am  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I LOVE that blanket--it's going to be amazing! Don't forget to post a photo + dog when it's finished.

I'm also like Stefaneener...I end up looking for needles that are stuck in projects I'll never finish...

2:43 am  
Blogger veritas said...

happy talk like a pirate day to you too! am glad you are being treated well !!

1:12 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooh fab package. Your dining room sounds like it's going to be great.

12:16 am  
Blogger roxy ^-o-^ said...

Whee!

Yarrrrrr - neat giftage!
Holla back if you want fishy fishy fishy code for your blog too!

*hugs*

ANne aka roxy

2:26 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

That package is spooktastic. And slipperiness is something I explicitly look for in crochet yarn. It's so much easier on the hands.

11:48 am  
Blogger veritas said...

aurora??? where are you? you have been dissappeeeared for a long time, my beautiful miss!

is everything ok?

::hugs::

11:36 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

another great package! hmm where have you been hiding under all the yarn!??

2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edited in Firefox. Sorry if it looks weird on your browser.